Serverless platforms significantly reduce the cost of running high-performance web sites and API services in the cloud, but with a major impact on architecture, these services also require teams to re-think how to approach sessions, storage, authorization and testing.
This workshop is based on real-world experience of moving a large collaboration platform from Heroku to AWS Lambda, leading to a huge improvement in scalability and performance, and a significant decrease in cost.
Learn how to:
- Use AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Perform file conversion, image serving, connecting to third-party APIs and managing sessions with serverless architectures
- Design scalable, high-performance web sites with single-page apps backed by cloud APIs
- Get the most out of AWS integrations (AWS Cognito and AWS IoT Gateway)
- Identify how serverless architecture impacts testing, monitoring and deployments
- Run A/B tests easily and operate multiple versions of your system cheaply by learning best practice
- Start converting monolithic applications to cloud functions
- Use Amazon Serverless Application Model (SAM) and Claudia.js to deploy Lambda functions