The Art of Action, September 23 2016
Executing Strategy in an Uncertain World
Executing strategy is one of the most stubbornly enduring of management problems. This workshop explains why and offers a solution that works. It was developed by an unexpected group of people, outside the world of business, longer ago than you would guess. But they faced the same uncertainties and volatility we face in business today. Stephen Bungay has discovered it, adapted it for C21st businesses and helps businesses and F1 teams in applying it.
In this highly interactive workshop he will present, discuss and train you in how to help your organisation towards its strategic objectives, whilst being flexible enough to adapt to unpredictable events.
Who this course is for
- Product management
- Product owners
- Enterprise Architects
Learning outcomes for this course
- Learn about the three gaps which get in the way of effective execution and why organisations are often unable to close them:
- “The Knowledge Gap” – the gap between what management would like to know and what they actually know in developing a strategic plan;
- “The Alignment Gap” – the gap between what management would like the organisation to do and what people actually do;
- “The Effects Gap” – the gap between the expected result and the actual result;
- Try out the methodologies and tools to close the three gaps and learn how to guide line managers through the model so that your organisation develops an execution culture;
- Discuss with the expert the do’s and don’ts when using the model.