As a product team, you live and breathe your product. One of the hardest questions is: “Will the stuff we are working on right now be successful?”
During this training, consisting of three full-day sessions, we will give you tools, tactics, principles, and frameworks that you can use to sleep better at night. After the course, you will have more structure in how you run Product Discovery initiatives, ensuring that you’re creating something that customers love, makes money, and is feasible to build.
First off, what is Product Discovery?
For simplicity’s sake, in product development, you have two engines running at the same time: Discovery & Delivery.
Discovery is about building the right product
Delivery is about building the product right
This training focuses on Discovery, the steps that you take with your team to discover what’s right for your customers, your business, and the best way to build it.
We will take you through:
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Principles to successfully run Product Discovery initiatives
- A simple Product Discovery framework that you can use during your everyday work
- Simple Playbooks (step-by-step processes) that you can apply in your team
- How to ensure that you’re on the right track
- How to connect Discovery and Delivery
- Case studies from large-scale organizations and startups, both software and hardware
- + much more
Who is this course for?
The course is primarily tailored to product owners or product managers who create tech products. However, if you’ve another role in a product team, you will receive value from the course as well. The training is especially useful if you haven’t done that much structured Product Discovery in the past. You have heard the term, read some articles, and you are curious to get started.
What will I learn?
The outcome of the course is that you will have applied tools, tactics and methods to start running structured Product Discovery in your team or organization.
Below are just some of the topics that we will explore:
How to facilitate Product Discovery
- How to get started: Tackling risks up-front and continuously working with product risks
- Gathering insights through user interviews
- Techniques to distill and structure your insights
- Brainstorming how you will “delight” customers and end-users
- Tactics to assess business value
- Rapid prototyping
- Risk testing and validation methods
What to focus on
- Aligning on the right problems to solve for customers and end-users
- Connecting Discovery to Business and Product strategy
- Slicing Discovery to small increments
Who to collaborate with
- Roles in successful Product Discovery constellations
- Collaboration techniques
- Empowered teams
How to fit Product Discovery into your ways-of-working
- Connecting Discovery and Delivery
- Using Discovery in Scrum, SAFe, Kanban and other collaboration techniques
- Tactical, operational vs. strategic product discovery
Inspiring, very hands-on and well spent money! Demystified the term “Discovery” and made it understandable for me. It is not about one big bang thing to do, but many small things in your everyday work. Most valuable – I came out with a feeling that I finally knew how to start this thing with my team!
Jenny Halleni, Swedbank
The Holistic Product Discovery book
Every participant will also receive a free copy of Martin’s and Marcus’ book about Product Discovery.
“Product discovery — figuring out what customers want and value — is hard. ‘Holistic Product Discovery’ is a straightforward guide on how to avoid common traps as you build products. The book provides clear frameworks, examples, and case studies that will help you to build products that delight customers. If you want to level up your Product Discovery approach, this is the book for you.”
– Gibson Biddle, Former VP Product Netflix