Product Strategy with Gibson Biddle, October 12-13 2021
During these 2 x 4-hour workshops, you will build a product strategy for your own product or a company you know and love.
In 2019, Gib hosted twenty in-person Product Strategy Workshops around the world. Today he uses a combination of Zoom, Google Slides, and Slido to create a fast-paced, highly interactive, online experience.
We encourage teams to join the workshop to work on their product strategy together but will pair “solos” with others to make the work faster, easier, and more fun. Small teams will work on the exercises together via Zoom rooms and Gib will drop into the rooms to answer questions.
Gib will take you through a variety of tools, models, and frameworks that enable you to build your product strategy in a step-by-step manner. Here are the models you will put into practice:
- Positioning and Branding models enable you to uniquely position your product
- The GLEe model helps you to craft a long-term product vision
- The DHM model focuses on forming hypotheses to delight your customers in hard to copy, margin-enhancing ways.
- The GEM model builds alignment across your organization to clearly prioritize growth, engagement, and monetization.
- The SMT model forces product leaders to carefully align strategy, metrics, and tactics.
- The 4-Quarter Rolling Roadmap provides an easy to digest expression of your product strategy so teams can see how the work fits together.
At the end of the second session, you will present your product strategy to another team in a Zoom breakout room. You’ll also share your Google Slides with Gib who will give you feedback the following week during a sixty-minute, group “office hour” session.
Gib’s online workshops are fast-paced and fun, but as important, they create an environment where product leaders can learn from one another. The real purpose of the sessions, however, is to enable leaders to communicate an inspired vision of the future — a critical role for product leaders at any stage in their career.
Gibson Biddle joined Netflix as VP of Product in 2005. In 2010 he became the Chief Product Officer of Chegg, a textbook rental and homework help startup that went public in 2014. Today he’s an adviser, speaker, and guest lecturer at both Stanford and INSEAD.
Learn more about Gib’s models
Gib’s 12-part article series: “How To Define Your Product Strategy”
Gib’s article “Branding for Builders”
Gib’s latest webinar: “Inventing the Future (is Hard)