Learn with Craig Larman—the co-creator of LeSS in this 3-day highly-participative course. Participants (senior managers, product developers, …) get a thorough understanding of LeSS, Large-Scale Scrum, for scaling agile development to many teams working together on one product. We explore adoption, new organizational design, systems thinking & optimization, the role of management, and very concretely how to work together in a Sprint at scale in terms of coordination, architecture, planning, and more.
Critically, we explore the Big Idea of more with LeSS: simplifying & descaling over ”scaling”, or… scaling product development by descaling the organization.
Perhaps most importantly and interestingly, this course runs mostly as a series of ”at giant whiteboards” deep-thinking exercises involving systems modeling in small teams to explore why, so that people can own the ideas by discovering them for themselves, rather than ”renting” the ideas. A focus on why and owning not renting are important elements of LeSS and how it’s learned, and Craig emphasizes this in the course learning experience.
Join Larman for a deep dive into more with LeSS, based on his long experience with LeSS adoptions.
Feedback from previous courses
“It was inspiring to discuss Large-Scale Scrum with Craig Larman. The content of the course was top-notch.” – Steve Alexander
“The delivery was outstanding and the supporting material vast and detailed.” – Simone Zecchi
“The best course I have ever been on. Totally blown away.” – Simon Power
In addition to course material, each participant will also receive 2 books on LeSS:
- Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
- Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum
After successful course completion (attending full-time, etc)…
- (free) digital versions of the first and third LeSS books
- more LeSS learning (videos, etc)
- the course handout PDF and photos of everything created within the course that was on the walls
- contacts of all course participants
- a course certificate
Why take the LeSS course? See a video here>>
Who this course is for
Agile Coaches, Senior Managers, Change Managers, Project Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
Who should take the LeSS course? See a video here>>
Learning outcomes for this course
- descaling and simplifying over scaling: more with LeSS
- LeSS principles, frameworks, guides, experiments
- two LeSS frameworks: basic & LeSS Huge
- pre-adoption: building interest
- the adoption guides
- 3 principles
- getting started
- scope of first adoption
- stories of LeSS adoptions
Local Optimization & System Optimization
- local versus global systems optimization
- local optimization in backlogs
- local optimization in product definition
- local optimization in planning
- local optimization in in analysis & design
- local optimization in programming
- redefining the scope of product, and the impact on global optimization
- portfolio management
- shu-ha-ri and frameworks
- empirical process control
- why ”More with LeSS”?
- systems optimization
- occupational psychology
- preparation meetings before first Sprint
- Sprint Planning with many teams
- coordination & integration: from communities to architecture
- scaling Product Backlog Refinement
- scaling the Sprint Review & Retrospective
LeSS Huge Framework
- Requirement Areas
- Area Product Owners
- role of Overall Product Owner
- Area Backlogs
More on LeSS Roles
- Managers in a LeSS organization
- Scrum Masters at scale
- Product Owner in LeSS
After course completion…
All participants will be a Certified LeSS Practitioner and will get an account on less.works. Here they can find additional information about LeSS, share course information and stay in contact with the other course participants.
Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified ScrumMaster or a Professional ScrumMaster course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer or the Scrum Guide and practicing Scrum.