CSPO Certified Scrum Product Owner, November 7-8 2016
Effective Product Ownership
Product ownership is one of the most difficult and critical roles in Scrum.
While the role responsibilities of the product owner can be described simply enough, very little is said about the day-to-day practice for those filling the role. If you’re a new product owner, you’re likely wrestling with competing demands for time and information from your team, and stakeholders. This course fills in the missing process for those in product ownership. The simple Scrum model doesn’t mandate or describe the routine meetings, workshops, and methods of communication the typical product owner must use to initially understand and plan the development of the product.
- Participants understand the responsibilities of product ownership along with process and practices that help them fulfill those responsibilities
- Participants learn new techniques for creating and prioritizing the product backlog and envisioning the product, and gain experience working with those techniques
- Participants understand how to engage in product ownership by leveraging a product team and collaboration with the whole team, users, and stakeholders
Who this course is for
This course fills in the missing process for those in product ownership.
Learning outcomes for this course
- Identifying the sources of business value that drive feature prioritization
- Understanding customers and users
- Building a product backlog that helps understand the product and plan effective releases
- Steering development tactically using iterative and incremental strategies
- Collaborating with customers and users throughout the development process
Past attendance in an agile development course, certified Scrum Master course, or past experience working within an agile development team is strongly recommended.