Impact Mapping, December 1 2017
Impact Mapping is a strategic planning technique that helps organisations manage flexible roadmaps for iterative delivery, by clearly communicating assumptions, helping teams align their activities with overall business objectives and make better delivery decisions. Impact mapping can help you build products and deliver projects that make an impact, not just ship software.
The participants of this interactive workshop learn about the basics of Impact Mapping, and try it out in practice on several realistic examples to understand the key facilitation techniques and learn how to run and apply Impact Mapping sessions in their organisations.“Information dense, well structured, inspiring. Great workshop! This is what agile is really about!” — participant, fall 2015
Who this course is for
This is a workshop for senior software delivery people as well as business sponsors working with software teams primarily in an agile or lean environment. It is based on Gojko Adzic’s book Impact Mapping. In order to attend the workshop, you should already have a basic knowledge of iterative delivery methods and a at least some experience of working in a Scrum, XP or Kanban-like delivery. To get the most out of this workshop, you should have a relatively senior role, from a technical or business perspective.
Learning outcomes for this course
- how to ensure that you’re building the right product
- how to align the activities of delivery teams and the organisation around them
- how to make an impact with software products and projects
- how to communicate overall goals and vision to delivery teams
- how to facilitate impact mapping sessions
- how to build a delivery roadmap and backlog with impact maps
- how to create good user stories