Growing Organizational Agility with Sociocracy 3.0 – Foundations Course August 17 – 2021
Navigate complexity, raise engagement, and improve agility and performance throughout the entire organization, with Sociocracy 3.0.
Build a solid foundation on which to grow your practice and get the best out of Sociocracy 3.0
Sociocracy 3.0 brings together an extensive collection of practices, processes and guidelines that you can start using right away, whatever your organizational context.
S3’s iterative, needs-centric approach to organizational development and change enables you to move beyond the limitations of prescriptive methods and frameworks to evolve your own, tailored made, fit-for-purpose approach.
Developing organizations in this way will help you to avoid a lot of waste, but it does require some investment in learning (and unlearning) for people to do it well.
During this course you will discover how Sociocracy 3.0 patterns can help you, and the teams and organizations you’re part of, to navigate complexity, grow and maintain agility throughout the entire system and deliver maximal value.
You’ll learn useful concepts and practices that you can apply right away, to improve collaboration, and your ability to respond effectively to the various challenges and opportunities you face.
This course is for:
- Organizational development consultants, change agents, and anyone supporting people in organizations to improve their ways of working,
- Corporate managers, and leadership teams, wishing to facilitate effective and lasting changes in their organizations,
- Agile Coaches, Project Managers and Scrum Masters supporting teams to perform and thrive
- Educators and teachers working to help adults or children learn how to better help themselves,
- Anyone interested in unleashing co-creation and innovation, improving self-organization and collaboration, and growing organizations where both the people and the organization can thrive.
This course will help you to:
- understand the basic elements of S3: the concepts, principles, some of it’s key patterns and their purpose.
- identify and communicate organizational needs, seize opportunities and learn how an entire organization can improve its ability to consciously and effectively respond.
- cultivate a culture where dissent and disagreement can be harnessed to identify potential pitfalls and opportunities to improve your approach.
- evolve organizational structure to reduce waste and improve value creation throughout the entire system.
- identify specific patterns and practices you can use right away to respond to organizational challenges you face.
The course is comprised of 5 Modules:
1. Introduction to Sociocracy 3.0
2. Drivers and Domains
3. Agile Operations and Governance
4. Building and Structuring Organizations
5. Bringing in Sociocracy 3.0
Each module consists of:
- A set of e-lessons – text, audio and video content
- Micro-challenges – brief exercises that help you to connect what you are learning with your own context and needs.
- Assignments – practical experiments you can run, to help you apply and integrate what you learn.
- Asynchronous Support – receive feedback and guidance on micro challenges and assignments as you complete them.
- Online Sessions – take part in hands-on exercises together with other participants and ask your burning questions.
Your learning journey will be hosted on our dedicated, easy to use, learning platform. You’ll be able to track your progress and interact easily with us and other participants throughout the course.
Schedule of live sessions:
This course runs over one month period, with interactive sessions spread out along the way. All sessions are for 2 hours, from 15:00 to 17:00 CEST and take place on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays, on the following dates:
- August 17 – Welcome call
- August 26 – Workshop
- August 31 – Workshop
- September 2 – Q&A session
- September 7 – Workshop
- September 9 – Q&A session
- September 14- Workshop
All sessions are recorded and available for you to watch later on.
Besides the live calls (14 hours), completing the e-lessons, micro-challenges and the assignments requires another 8 to 12 hours of time (although you can spend more time if you wish).
For more information please write to email@example.com
What past participants say:
A great workshop. Mindful, makes you think, reflect and make sense of the reality around you. The concepts & techniques are highly applicable in organizational environments.
Natalia – Agile Coach, Spotify
I have been on many workshops and training during my life and treasure some of them. This workshop will definitely be one of them. James and Lili are great facilitators and create a safe, open, and creative environment. I learned not only S3, which I had hoped for, but also about myself(ves), which will help me be more whole, authentic and therefore a better person and leader.
Anders L, Agile Coach, Crisp.se
Further information and testimonials: https://academy.sociocracy30.org/courses
If you wish to participate in this course and the fee is beyond your means or the value you place on it, please contact us to explore how your attendance may still be possible. We wish to ensure that cost is no barrier to attending Sociocracy 3.0 courses.