This program is for your company if you would like your product owners (APOs, CPOs), producers, product managers to gain a deeper understanding of what product management entails, and to learn the skills needed to be a successful product manager.
What is a program
Programs combine theory with insights gained from practicing the theory to allow for positive learning feedback loops. We do that by spreading a 5 day workshop out over a 3 month period. We kickstart the program with a 2 day startup that allows the participants to get to know each other, clarify expectations and set their learning goals. We follow up with shorter learning labs, 3 hours every other week. We also support and coach each participant individually between each learning lab.
Expected program outcomes
- Developing individual Product Management skills.
- Building a “learning community” of Product Managers for continued collaboration and learning
- Each participant delivers an outcome in their organization as an integrated part of the program by practically applying the new knowledge and skills to a professional growth project
Why a program and not a course?
A course can be a great experience but it is often like going to a great movie: when the movie ends, you are back to reality and nothing has changed. You may feel inspired but you have not really changed. Lasting change in mindset and behavior requires practice over time. That is we need a program that lets you practice over time and allows you to build a community.
Outline of learning opportunities
- Program set-up and selection of participants
- Start up days – an overview of what’s to come
- Learning labs – bite sized chunks of learning where theory is introduced
- Mentor coaching (by course instructors). Both scheduled and on-demand
- Program buddies – participants are paired up to support each other, and to practice their coaching skills together.
- Breakthrough project – a real change initiative providing an opportunity to continuously practice new skills and tools while adding value to the organization
- Program close – gather learnings and results
- Evaluation – looking at the ROI generated with the sponsors
Learning lab focus
The learning labs start from the strategic working towards the tactical and operational aspects of product management. The participants gain a window into all levels of product management, helping them determine where and how much of their time to spend for the job they have.