AI For Developers, May 10-11 2023
Get up to speed with AI and Machine Learning! If you ask yourself the question: How can I use AI as a developer? – then this is for you!
Day one will focus on how developers can use AI in their work with pre-built APIs and services such as Github Copilot, Chat-GPT, and pre-built APIs for image generation.
Topics day 1
- Introduction to the course and today’s agenda.
- Overview of AI and machine learning, including different types of AI, examples of use cases, and current trends.
- Demo and workshop with pre-built APIs and services, including Github Copilot, Chat-GPT, and image generation services.
- Continuation of the workshop with pre-built APIs and services.
- Discussion of ethical and legal aspects of AI and machine learning.
How does AI work (underneith the hood) and how can I train my own machine learning models?
Day two will cover the basics of machine learning and how to train your own models.
Topics day 2
- Basics of machine learning, including supervised learning, unsupervised learning, and reinforcement learning.
- Training of a simple model, including data collection, data preparation, modeling, and evaluation.
- Continuation of training a simple model.
- Discussion of challenges and opportunities with machine learning, including shortcomings of existing techniques and how to use machine learning to solve important societal problems.
Through this course, participants will learn the basics of AI and machine learning and how to use these technologies to solve problems in different areas. Participants will gain practical experience working with pre-built APIs and services, as well as training a simple model. Participants will also gain insights into the ethical and legal aspects of AI and machine learning
This course will use the Python Ecosystem for Machine Learning.
Who the course is for
- Data scientists
- Programming experience in atleast one programming language
(you don’t need to know Python inside out, but you are well familiar with programming)
About the trainer
Birger Moëll is a PhD student in machine learning @ KTH with years of experience explaining AI.
”I am passionate about teaching people hands-on tips to get started working as AI developers, and am excited about the opportunity to teach this course to empower individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in this exciting field.”