Backlog Refinement Practitioner: Successful Agile Requirements Analysis, November 14-15 2016
Delivering high-value products requires teams to collaboratively discover the right product to deliver at the right time. Yet, teams struggle with this journey, wrestling with bloated backlogs, ineffective or inconsistent planning, and unpredictable Sprint flow.
In the Backlog Refinement Practitioner training, you learn how to improve team velocity through precise and transparent development of “ready” backlog items. You define and refine backlog items across the 7 Product Dimensions, prioritize user stories, and prepare for value-based planning. By using the product’s vision to drive Structured Conversations, you optimize the value in the product backlog, exemplifying the core of Lean and Agile practices.
Learning Outcomes for this Course:
Through interactive discussions, examples, and dynamic exercises, you learn to:
Focus on value
- Align value with the product vision
- Use value as the foundation for backlog definition and refinement
- Make transparent, value-based product decisions
- Engineer strong collaboration among customers, business, and technology stakeholders
in backlog definition and refinement
- Engage the right people at the right time
Build and refine backlog items
- Explore, evaluate, and confirm product options with Structured Conversations
- Comprehensively refine backlog items across the 7 Product Dimensions
- Utilize models to enrich and accelerate backlog analysis
- Confirm user stories with clear, unambiguous acceptance criteria
- Prepare backlog items for efficient release and sprint planning
- Slice user stories to be “ready” to get “done”
Learning these skills enables you to serve as a Backlog Refinement Practitioner, prepared to help your stakeholders collaborate as product partners, increase predictability in planning, improve smooth flow throughout sprints, and validate delivery of product value.
Who this course is for
This course is valuable for Product Owners, Scrum Masters, User eXperience experts, Business and Requirements Analysts and anyone else on the development team members who participate in or lead backlog refinement and planning.
It is highly recommended that participants have completed a Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Master or similar Agile or Scrum training course.