Learn from the experts – Jeff Sutherland- the creator of Scrum and Henrik Kniberg. The goal of the course is to learn the essentials of succeeding with large scaled Scrum.
Who this course is for
We ask that you have a basic understanding of Scrum before the course starts.
Learning outcomes for this course
Are you concerned that cookie-cutter scaling methods won’t work in your company’s situation? Context is everything, and even methodologies that work very well in one context may fail spectacularly in another. The solution is to understand the principles behind successful scaling and have a common language to discuss these principles within the organization. Join Jeff Sutherland for a two day course on scaling Scrum beyond the team level and throughout the enterprise. Jeff Sutherland will present and discuss the modular Scrum at Scale framework, which unlike other proscriptive methodologies allows for context-specific solutions to scaling. The modular architecture of the framework enables organizations to incrementally inspect and adapt their own structure without causing system-wide consequences. Participants will then work collaboratively through their organization’s unique scaling challenges. This course will:
- Lay out the business case for a modular scaling framework
- Present an overall vision for modular scaled Scrum that spans the Team, Business Unit, and Enterprise levels to link vision with effective execution
- Share specific examples of different successful practices within each module
- Help attendees to work through their own scaling challenges in the context of the framework
Participants will not leave this session with a cookie-cutter answer for large-scale Scrum implementations. However, they will leave with tailored progress towards their scaling solution, and the experience will equip them to lead a productive conversation of what the organization really needs from scaling Scrum.
Please read at least one of the following books/papers:
- Scrum Guide – Scrum Alliance
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time – Jeff Sutherland
- The power of scrum– Jeff Sutherland, Rini Van Solinberg, & Eelco Rustenberg
- Scrum and XP from the Trenches – Henrik Kniberg.