Before attending the course, participants are asked to complete the test below. This will get you up to speed and you will not spend time during the course with basic, technical problems. Preferably you should use the laptop you intend to bring with you to the course.
HOW-TO prepare for the CSD course
- Go to http://welcome.crisp-csd.cloudbees.net. Note that your name is not on the list. That is the failing acceptance test! Your challenge is to fix this 🙂
- Create an account on cloudbees.com unless you already have one. Here’s a cloudbees demo video if you are curious about what this is.
- Upload your SSH key:
- Go to account settings. It is one of buttons to the top right.
- Click on ”SSH keys” in the left menu.
- Upload your SSH key (e.g. ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub). If you have no key, please read this guide.
- Here is an example of what it should look like. Note that the Name has to be right.
git clone ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/crisp-csd/welcome.git
git add -A
git commit -m ’your name’
git push origin master
- If you get impatient you can see the build in cloudbees. Log on to cloud bees and change context by selecting ”crisp-csd” in the drop box on the right. Click on ”Builds” in the top menu and click on the ”Welcome” project in Jenkins.
Support evening on January 22
If you need support, mail us at email@example.com. There will also be a support evening January 22th, 18.00 – 21.00 at Crisp AB, Sveavägen 31, Stockholm. If you haven’t gotten your environment set up by then, feel free to drop by!