While Agile practitioners value simplicity, most of their organizations struggle to maximize the amount of work not done as business environments and product ecosystems become increasingly complex and unpredictable.
This is compounded by time-to-market pressure and tougher technical problems. Mandated bureaucratic policies to improve organizational efficiency and predictability often result in more work and less customer value. Many organizations have decided to adopt Agile to become more responsive to changing and uncertain conditions. However, these organizations need more than a set of recipes or ‘best practices’ to fundamentally transform their culture.
This course will tackle some of the most challenging impediments facing Agile advocates including…
The course will also cover the latest updates the the Cynefin model.
- How do we recreate the concept of agility, the initial spirit of Agile, and bring us back into much more rapid interaction?
- How do we scale Agile and the problem with trying to scale by aggregative highly structured ordered approaches?
- How do we get users more engaged throughout the whole process?
- How do we measure and monitor culture change?
- How do we influence and change systems we don’t own?
- How do we embed the IT development in the actual work and not to be a standalone function?
- What type of organisational design will support Agility?
- How do we create strategic advantage by managing unarticulated as well as articulated needs
- The Cynefin framework and pre-scrum techniques within Agile
- New approaches to Design Thinking
The Cynefin Framework helps teams work effectively, improve decision making, and adapt management styles across different environments with various degrees of uncertainty and complexity.
What Will I Learn?
At this two-day training Cognitive Edge’s Dave Snowden introduce a cohesive set of principles and methods based on the latest concepts from complexity science, anthropology, evolutionary biology, and cognitive science.
These two days combines numerous practical exercises and examples for a unique, refreshing approach to complexity-informed organizational management. Participants will gain an understanding of how to:
- Accelerate cultural transformation and change
- Build organizational resilience
- Engage employees to locate latent opportunities and detect threats early
- Leverage emergence to increase innovation, cross-silo knowledge transfer, and employee onboarding
- Stimulate beneficial self-organization within managed constraints
- Combine traditional and Agile practices appropriately based on the situation
- Deal effectively with inherently uncertain situations
Who this course is for
This training is designed for Agile practitioners, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Product Managers, Agile coaches, project managers, people managers, architects, designers, developers, devops, and anyone else that works in constantly-evolving and dynamic situations. This two-day Masterclass is ideal for anyone who works in an Agile environment or is interested in Agile and would like to learn how to integrate Cynefin and complexity based approaches into workplace practices.