Design Thinking is a way to get better balance in a tech- and business-focused product development world using design methods to also include the user’s perspective. Our course in Design Thinking will give you a toolbox for user-centred product development so that you can make sure that your product and service will be end up being something the users want and can use.
The core of Design Thinking is to understand and meet the user’s needs as well as finding the solution that fulfils these needs best. To do this, you will also need to identify who the users really are and what impact that has on the design of the product. Another important aspect in successful Design Thinking is to be able to collaborate and communicate learnings to the rest of the development team.
All this and more you’ll learn in the course.
Who this course is for
People working with some kind of product development, lacking the tools to learn about the users’ needs and to validate solutions.
Learning outcomes for this course
- What is user-centred product development and Design Thinking
- What parts must a user-centred process always contain of
- Who are and who should be involved in the work
- Who are the users and in what environment do they use the product
- How do you find out the users’ needs
- How are the needs related to the intended outcome
- How can you go from need to solution in an Agile environment
- How do you validate that a solution meets the needs, with prototypes and user journeys
- How and when can you communicate the underlying needs and the solution to those who are going to realise it