How can we learn what improvements to go for?
This course covers two important topics, techniques to improve flow and how to make fact based decisions to sell that improvement. It will arm you with knowledge to identify what improvements to go for and skills to see when seemingly harmless decisions will cause hazard to end-to-end flow. We will tie this to examples in software.
- Learn the difference between resource optimization vs. flow optimization.
- Understand what improvements to go for, through fact based means applicable product development & software
This is an advanced course that requires previous experience in Kanban or Scrum. It’s an excellent start for managers who whats to move out from team level focus to end-to-end improvement.
After the course you will be able to:
- detect and address flow improvement opportunities
- sell the improvements using fact based means
The course contains a balanced mix of theory, practice and exercises.
Who this course is for
- Scrum masters
- Product owners
- Practitioners who to learn how to improve flow.
Learning outcomes for this course
- Resource optimization vs. flow optimization’
- Basics of scientific problem solving
- Techniquest to improve flow
- How to identify flow improvement opportunities
- How to analyze lead time and continuous flow charts
- Pull vs. push
- Value vs. rework
- Theory of constraints
- Calculating inventory using little’s law
- Examples from software
This is an advanced course; participants need to have previous Agile or Kanban experience.