Sociocracy 3.0 (S3) Growing Organisational Agility, Navigating Complexity, November 28-30 2018
Effective cross team synchronisation, collaborative innovation, whole system alignment All over the world organisations are experimenting with new tools and methods for increasing effectiveness and organizational agility. One pattern we see emerging in this new paradigm is self-organized, semi-autonomous teams, energized by a personal sense of calling to serve effectively their collective purpose. At the same time it’s becoming clear that each organization’s context is unique and that prescriptive, “one size fits all” solutions can cause more harm than good. Sociocracy 3.0 (also known as S3) is a free and open, principles based menu of patterns for people wishing to collaborate more effectively and grow happy, humane organisations. It builds on sociocratic practices, integrating principles from Agile / Lean and Non-Violent Communication and provides a rich variety of compatible options to choose from and adapt, according to unique context and needs. S3 addresses generic complexities arising when collaboration needs to scale across multiple teams and domains and acts as a “social technology” for raising self-accountability and engagement while promoting respect, diversity and inclusion. It supports distribution of power to all, within interconnected domains of accountability, freeing people up to decide and act. It facilitates co-creativity, fosters transparency and guarantees equivalence for all concerned. For more information and open source learning materials, go to sociocracy30.org What past participants say: I have been on many workshops and trainings during my life and treasure some of them. This workshop will definitely be one of them. James and Lili are great facilitators and create a safe, open and creative environment. I learned not only S3, which I had hoped for, but also about myself(ves), which will help me be more whole, authentic and therefore a better person and leader. The workshop is highly recommended for anyone wanting to learn about collaboration and ways to increase engagement in your organization. Anders L – Agile Coach, Crisp, Stockholm, Sweden A great workshop. Mindful, makes you think, reflect and make sense of the reality around you. The concepts & techniques are highly applicable in organizational environments. Natalia – Agile Coach, Spotify, Stockholm, Sweden This immersive course went much beyond my expectations. It gave me a fantastic opportunity to deepen my understanding of S3 principles and implementations through facilitated experiential processes, plus practices. This has empowered me to take my learning forwards and integrate S3 into our organization. Dr Katy Momo Fox – Founder, Designer at Cell Centre for Ecological Learning – Luxembourg For more testimonials visit: https://www.thriveincollaboration.com/testimonials
Who this course is for
- Agile coaches and consultants
- Leaders and managers.
- Organisational change facilitators, consultants and HR
- Discover what Sociocracy 3.0 is and how its various patterns provide a menu of options for organizations wishing to build resilience, adaptability and effectiveness.
- Learn about underlying issues that stand in the way of effective collaboration and ways to overcome them.
- Understand and practice consent decision making and learn why it’s an effectiveness alternative to consensus or command-and-control approaches to decision making in organizations.
- Develop personal and inter-personal skills that increase your ability to make a positive contribution in collaboration with others
- Discover practices to improve meeting effectiveness, draw on the collective intelligence of groups, and guarantee the potential for equivalence in decision making.
- Develop a “solutions focused” attitude and explore the creative opportunities lying buried at the heart of seemingly challenging situations.