Practical Workshop Facilitation Skills, April 3 2020
If you want to engage the whole room you need to master facilitation. The skill of facilitating good workshops that result in clear inclusive decisions and commitment is an art in itself. During this course you will learn tools, skills, a variety of workshop formats, techniques and tips that will help you become a skilled and stronger facilitator. Modern organizations rely on effective communication, knowledge sharing and distributed decision-making – all of this happens in meetings between people. After this course, you will be able to facilitate more efficient meetings that engage all participants and result in clear decisions, actions and agreement about the plan ahead.
Topics covered during the training…
- How to facilitate engaging meetings
- How to use the Groan Zone model to shape a workshop to achieve inclusive decision making
- How to prepare before the workshop
- How to set the stage and launching a meeting in order to increase presence and to create a focus on the goal of the workshop
- A wide repertoire of different workshop formats, as well as understanding how to choose an appropriate format, given the conditions and purpose of the meeting.
- Lots of facilitation techniques and tips that make you a great and appreciated facilitator.
- How you as a facilitator can work with energy and engagement in the meeting
- Different methods and techniques for decision making
Objective and goal
The goal of the education is to provide you with tools, tips, techniques and skills to become a stronger and better facilitator. You will be able to apply what you learn in for example department meetings, planning meetings, retrospectives, training session and discussion heavy meetings.
What do others have to say about the course?
Here are some examples of quotes from previous trainings:
- Lots of great tools to create variation and movement in the meeting
- Very engaging and dynamic
- I have never left an education with so many new tools and inspiration
- Great mixture of theory, examples and exercises
- Fantastic energy!
- Loved the discussions and getting ideas and input from other participants
This training is for you whom…
Often find yourself leading and facilitating meetings and want to learn how to make these meetings more fun, more engaging, more effective and result in stronger and clearer decisions. You may have a role as Manager, Scrum Master, Project Manager, Product Owner or Educator.