The Agile Facilitator class, April 20-21, 2015
A Two and one-half Day Workshop for Experienced Agilists (class certification accredited through ICAgile)
The Agile Facilitator is a two and one-half day class (compressed into 2 calendar days) for experienced Agilists who wish to dramatically increase their facilitation skills in general, especially as applied to Agile ceremonies, collaborative events and other team “moments of truth.” The workshop will focus on professional facilitation skills and techniques as applied specifically within the Agile context.
Who this course is for
- Beginning ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers well versed in the agile basics and who have experienced an agile team.
- Experienced ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers.
- Agile Coaches who want increased facilitation skills and results.
- Anyone interested in bringing more rigor and structure to their facilitation of Agile ceremonies and other collaborative events.
Learning outcomes for this course
While mastering facilitation skills in the Agile context will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Gain an in-depth and practical understanding of a wide array of techniques practiced by professional facilitators.
- Understand and practice the art of collaborative meeting design, including the importance of smart preparation that will reduce overall cost and increase the effectiveness of your meetings.
- Practice techniques for skillfully facilitating core Agile meetings and ceremonies with playfulness and a collaborative spirit, while still focused on key deliverables.
- Gain rich, well-delivered feedback on your growing facilitation skills.
- Give you ideas for designing meetings in which the team interacts with the team so they can do the heavy-lifting.
- Understand how to address some of the dysfunctional behaviors you see preventing your team from achieving maximum success.
- Learn how to define, discuss, and ACHIEVE consensus with the team for faster and better decision making.
- Come away with your own facilitator self-development plan.
- This class satisfies the Agile Team Facilitator portion of classroom learning for the IC Agile Coaching & Facilitation track.
- Scrum Alliance SEUs toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) level.
- It also counts for PMI PDUs.