When an organization seeks agility, it is not about managing people. It is about growing individuals. A network based organization with highly autonomous product teams allows leadership to emerge from everywhere, making a much larger impact faster. So what does a leader do in this type of organisation?
This is the program for your company if you would like your senior executives, managers and other leadership roles such as product managers, project managers, understand what it takes to become such a leader. You’ve heard about servant leadership, but what are you actually supposed to do?
What is a program
Programs combine theory with insights gained from practicing the theory to allow for positive learning feedback loops. We do that by spreading a 5 day workshop out over a 3 month period. We kickstart the program with a 2 day startup that allows the participants to get to know each other, clarify expectations and set their learning goals. We follow up with shorter learning labs, 3 hours every other week. We also support and coach each participant individually between each learning lab.
Expected program outcomes
- Developing concrete skills of what to do as a manager/leader.
- Building a “learning community” for sustained continued learning
- Each participant delivers an outcome in their organization as an integrated part of the program
Why a program and not a course?
A course can be a great experience but it is often like going to a great movie: when the movie ends, you are back to reality and nothing has changed. You may feel inspired but you have not really changed. Lasting change in mindset and behavior requires practice over time. That is we need a program that lets you practice over time and allows you to build a community.
Outline of learning opportunities
- Program set-up and selection of participants
- Start up days – an overview of what’s to come
- Learning labs – bite sized chunks of learning where theory is introduced
- Mentor coaching (by course instructors). Both scheduled and on-demand
- Program buddies – participants are paired up to support each other, and to practice their coaching skills together.
- Breakthrough project – a real change initiative providing an opportunity to continuously practice new skills and tools while adding value to the organization
- Program close – gather learnings and results
- Evaluation – looking at the ROI generated with the sponsors
Learning lab focus
The learning labs establishes what servant leadership is, introduces a number of techniques that are immediately applicable in your daily work, and also touches upon culture and organisation.
Contact us to customize your program today
We’re happy to work with you to design the content that best fits the needs of your organization.