Advanced Agile with Alistair Cockburn and Henrik Kniberg
Learn from the source!
Alistair Cockburn is co-author of the Agile Manifesto and wrote the original book Agile Software Development (the book is included and will be handed out during the course), and many other books.
Henrik Kniberg is former Agile Alliance board member and author of Scrum and XP from the Trenches, Kanban and Scrum – making the most of both, and Lean from the Trenches.
Who this course is for
Do you have several years of real-life experience with agile software development? Do you also have a genuine interest in going beyond the basics, in deepening your knowledge and sharpening your tools? In that case this course is for you. This is not a course for agile beginners or the faint of heart. Expect to do homework, expect to be put through your paces, expect to dialog and argue, expect to have your beliefs challenged.
Learning outcomes for this course
- Learn how agile works, in software or outside of it,
- Learn how to articulate and deal with the weaknesses in agile development,
- Test yourself and your partners with the Test-Driven Carpaccio exercise.
- Learn to reduce risk and maximize results by viewing design as a Knowledge Acquisition activity.
- Practice backing up your recommendations with solid theory, not just an appeal to authority,
- Learn how to plan and track larger, more complicated projects using Project Mapping or Blitz Planning (time permitting),
… and most of all
- Come face-to-face with yourself, your strengths and your weaknesses, as you confront one situation after another with equally inquisitive classmates.
Important: To prepare for the course, read and be ready to discuss these articles: