Learning Outcomes for this Course: Through interactive discussions, examples, and dynamic exercises, you learn to:
- Focus on value
- Align value with the product vision
- Use value as the foundation for backlog definition and refinement
- Make transparent, value-based product decisions
- Collaborate powerfully
- Engineer strong collaboration among customers, business, and technology stakeholders in backlog definition and refinement
- Engage the right people at the right time
- Build and refine backlog items
- Explore, evaluate, and confirm product options with Structured Conversations
- Comprehensively refine backlog items across the 7 Product Dimensions
- Utilize models to enrich and accelerate backlog analysis
- Confirm user stories with clear, unambiguous acceptance criteria
- Prepare backlog items for efficient release and sprint planning
- Slice user stories to be “ready” to get “done”
Learning these skills enables you to serve as a Backlog Refinement Practitioner, prepared to help your stakeholders collaborate as product partners, increase predictability in planning, improve smooth flow throughout sprints, and validate delivery of product value.
As a bonus, each participant will get a pdf of the book, Discover to Deliver: Agile Product Planning and Analysis by Ellen Gottesdiener and Mary Gorman
Who this course is for
This course is valuable for Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, User eXperience experts, Business and Requirements Analysts and anyone else on the development team members who participate in or lead backlog refinement and planning.
It is highly recommended that participants have completed a Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Master or similar Agile or Scrum training course.