The course is unfortunately canceled
One major impediment many organisations face when trying to become agile is traditional management and budgeting, which drives waterfall behaviour.
Beyond Budgeting is a set of values and principles for a different set of management and leadership principles that is much more compatible with agile values and principles.
In this class you will get an overview of Beyond Budgeting from the one with probably the best knowledge of Beyond Budgeting in the world as he have been heading up two major implementations over the last twenty years and been actively involved in the community since its start.
Beyond Budgeting is an approach that is now widely implemented by companies like Handelsbanken, Ahlsell, Höganas, Akademiska Hus, Consilium.
The class will cover:
- The problems with traditional management, including budgeting
- Beyond Budgeting – From command and control to empower and adapt;
– the background
– the philosophy
– the 12 principles
- Companies on the journey and examples of how they operate
– the Borealis story – a Beyond Budgeting pioneer; background, their model and practical experiences
– the Statoil story – the ”Ambition to Action” model;
– redefining performance – dynamic and relative targets and a holistic performance evaluation
– dynamic forecasting and resource allocation and no traditional budgets
– from calendar-driven to event-driven
– examples of self-regulating management mechanisms
- The seven balanced scorecard pitfalls
- The bonus problem
- Beyond Budgeting and Agile
- Implementation experiences and advice
- The Beyond Budgeting Roundtable
- Recommended reading
Links to further reading: